President buhari we need information to save chibok girls,: waku to buhari probe obasanjo or forget anti corruption fight..

An elder of the Arewa Consultative
Forum, ACF, Joseph Waku, on Tuesday,
said the President Muhammadu Buhari’s
anti-corruption fight will be seen to be
effective if he probes former President,
Oluesegun Obasanjo.
Waku, a former Senator from Benue
State, said this while addressing
reporters at the sideline of the ongoing
Annual General Assembly of the Arewa
Consultative Forum in Kaduna.
Wondering why the Economic and
Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, had
left Obasanjo untouched, Waku stressed
that Nigerians would not take Buhari’s
fight against corruption seriously if the
likes of the former President went about
freely.
Waku said, “Look, I am 70 years old now
and have been in this game for more
than 50 years.
“Therefore, there is no way I can just
look at some totality of what people are
saying about corruption and believe it as
it has been reported to me. If I have an
investigating mechanism, I know that
this accusation is real obviously.
“I have access to authority. I have access
to Mr. President. I told Mr. President that
this corruption probe of past regimes, if
you don’t probe Obasanjo, then you
haven’t done anything yet. Corruption in
Nigeria was introduced by Obasanjo.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.